Patients expect dentists to improve equally their health and aesthetics. During the training cycle led by outstanding practice, dentist, Mr. Michał Szczutkowski DDS, we introduce you to the subject of the implant in the esthetic zone, immediate implantation, coping with complications in implant dentistry and plastic surgery of soft tissue (e.g. root covering). As a graduate of the cycle, you will be able to offer a wide range of modern and safe treatment methods that will allow the patient to maintain or restore a beautiful smile! And give you satisfaction and appreciation.
Each subsequent training is a continuation of the previous one and is partly based on the knowledge acquired at the previous meeting. Trainings are scheduled at intervals of a few months to allow for the implementation of acquired skills before the start of the next stage. Due to the very extensive and intensive program, tutor will not be able to repeat the issues from previous meetings, which is why we recommend participation throughout the entire training cycle.
Programs of trainings:
Michał Szczutkowski, DDS
Location: DSI – Dental Skills Institute, 4 Piaskowa str., Warsaw, Poland
Number of credit points: 14
Duration: 2 days
The lecture language is Polish
Controversy in implantology:
- Force of primary stability - is it better to screw the implant forcefully or to screw them with fingers?
- Bone compression in modern times - necessary treatment or relic of the past?
- The depth of insertion of the implant - bone level implants and mucosal implants.
- Implant diameter. In what situation it is worth to fight for it?
- The rules for placing implants in areas with narrow width. Aesthetic dramas in the upper medial and lateral incisor and canine area. What about bone shield technique?
- How to keep the profile of soft tissue unchanged while ensuring the long-term good prognosis restorations based on implants?
- Is the gingiva proper around the implant needed? The procedure of free gingival graft FGG in the XXI century. What to do if sometimes it is not possible - the area of the lower premolars.
- When to perform the procedure of free gingival graft (FGG), and when the connective tissue graft (CTG)?
- The side section of the mandible and narrow oblique bone – solutions: guided bone regeneration? Bone graft? Oblique implants? Narrow implants? The connective tissue graft (CTG)? Free gingival graft?
- The proximity of important anatomical structures or lack of vertical space - short implants or bone augmentation procedures?
- Is distal wedge operation in the side part of the maxilla a must at the implant when the gum is thicker than 3 mm? Surgical technique.
- Toothless – temporary solutions - maxilla and mandible.
- Is a removable prosthesis with latches in the upper jaw a good idea?
The practical part:
- Film: delayed implantation in the esthetic zone and augmentation of soft tissue and uncovering implant techniques. The main goal: preserving the interdental papillae and improvement or conservation of a favorable soft tissue architecture.
- Implantation procedures in the aesthetic area on models.
- Film: delayed implantation in the functional part in conjunction with the augmentation of soft tissues.
- Implantation in the functional part on models.
- Each participant is asked to prepare a case (complication of implant treatment or treatment planning difficult for him) - RVG, OPG, CBCT pictures and some intraoral pictures taken with a camera, showing a case or problem.
Training 2: Immediate implantation and immediate load. Methods for solving complications in implant dentistry
Immediate implantation in the aesthetic and functional zones - the differences. Immediate loading in the immediate and delayed implantation. Complications after implant placing - ways of solving the problem.
- Indications and contraindications for immediate implantation.
- The three-dimensional positioning of the implant in the esthetic zone.
- What type of implant, which diameter and length, are best for getting success?
- Immediate implantation - the rules in each teeth group. Rules: upper and lower incisors, canines, premolars, molars.
- Immediate implantation: traditional or flapless approach - the controversy surrounding the topic. What is bundle bone?
- Atraumatic techniques of anterior and posterior teeth extracting.
- Extraction socket preservation - a discussion of the techniques and the controversy surrounding the topic.
- Implants situated too close to each other.
- Subgingival cement excess.
- Wrong position of the implant.
- Lack of interdental gingiva at high smile line.
- The implant threads protruding over the edge of the gums.
- When the implants are rejected more often than in 2-3%.
- Bone treatments, soft tissue management and prosthetic techniques solving the problem.
The practical part:
- Film: atraumatic tooth extraction techniques.
- Film: Immediate implantation in the esthetic zone with immediate load.
- Individual performance of the implant in the esthetic zone on models with the preparation of the silicone index, temporary crown and mounting it on the temporary abutment, finishing and rendering the temporary crown on the implant. Principles of immediate loading.
- Film: Immediate implantation in the functional part.
- Individual performance of the implant in the functional part on models.
Treatment of gingival recession has become in modern times a major therapeutical concern. Patients are very demanding, and expect from us not only good functional solutions, but also the appearance of their teeth. Showing, when smiling or function, fragments of exposed root surface is the main indication for performing procedures gingival recession coverage. Very often the last upper millimeter of the exposed root is the only visible part of the recession, when smiling; therefore the presence or postoperative holdover of even very shallow recession can be a problem for the patient. In patients who report us their problems of aesthetic matter, the goal should be to complete coverage of the recession over the enamel-cement line. Increasingly, we also have to deal with the recession of buccal edge soft tissue of already integrated implants. Showing metal components or even their shine-through by a thin biotype gums are the most common causes of patients' complaints. Aesthetic periodontal surgery treatments, especially bilaminar techniques can be successfully used in solving these problems.
- Step-by-step description of surgical procedures for root covering.
- Step-by-step description of alveolar bone augmentation techniques in order to preserve the alveolar bridge span.
- Proper diagnosis of periodontal plastic surgery constraints and opportunities.
- Achieving long-term stability and predictability in the future.
- Coronally advanced flap (CAF) technique.
- The tunnel technique (TT).
- Taking of the connecting tissue for CTG using envelope and deepithelialisation techniques.
- Bilaminar techniques.
- Indications, contraindications, post-operative recommendations.
- Film: root coverage using tunnel technique.
- Each participant performs virtually root coverage treatment using tunnel technique on animal models (preceded by presentation of the technique on the animal model).
- Film: root coverage using coronally advanced flap technique.
- Each participant performs virtually root coverage treatment using coronally advanced flap technique on animal models (previously presentation of the technique on the animal model).
- Each participant performs virtually alveolar bone augmentation under the bridge span on animal models (previously presentation of the technique on the animal model).
PERFECT AESTHETICS. PERIODONTOLOGY AND IMPLANTOLOGY - MICROSURGICAL APPROACH II
DSI trainings for doctors are legally exempt from VAT. The cost does not include accommodation and commuter fees.
You can take part in the full Perfect aesthetics cycle or in particular training sessions.
When buying full Perfect aesthetics cycle you get also:
- Favorable discount - you save PLN 2,250! (Subject to payment of the entire amount for the cycle for 30 days before the first training cycle begins)
- Priority participation in training before people opting for a single training.
- Voucher for your assistance on “Professional Implant Assistance” training.
The price of training includes:
- Training materials.
- Lunch, snacks and coffee breaks.
- Skills-confirming certificate.
- 6-month free access to the DSI E-learning zone.
- Individual consultations with the tutor up to 2 weeks after the training.
- All-sterile and non-sterile treatment materials used during the training.
- Integration meetings - surprises (for selected training sessions only).
Registration and participation rules:
- Register by filling-in the form in REGISTER tab.
- Immediately after registration you will receive an e-mail confirming your application and information on the next steps.
- Pay in advance 10% of the value of training/cycle.
- Pay the remaining amount at least 30 days prior to the date of training/first training of the cycle.
- Do you want to quit? Please let us know at least 60 days before the training starts - we will refund the entire amount.
- The reservation will be decided by the order of payment made.
- People taking part in the cycle training have participation priority in training before people opting for a single training session. The final list of participants is confirmed 30 days before the date the training starts.